• Faithful to my Homeland, the Republic of Poland


    Canadian citizens do not need a visa to enter Poland for stays up to 90 days in any 6-month period counting from the date of the first entry. A valid Canadian passport is required, issued within the last 10 years. The passport validity must exceed the required date of departure from Poland by at least 3 months.


    As of October 1, 2010 Canadian citizens are exempt from the requirement of possession of work visa for stays and employment in Poland, no longer than three months (90 days), within a six-month period. The exemption from visa requirement does not change the existing regulations concerning obtaining a work permit or Certificate of Employment issued by local authorities in Poland.

    Canadians wishing to stay in Poland longer than 90 days during one or more visits within a half-year period calculated from the date of first entry have to apply for a national D-type visa.




    Entry clearance requirements for non-Canadian citizens depend on the citizenship and resident status of the traveler. Citizens of many countries do not need a visa to visit Poland for stays up to 90 days. Please check the country list to determine whether you need a visa:



    SHORT STAY VISA (Schengen C-type visa) < 90 days

    Short-stay Schengen C-type visa is issued to stay in Poland for a purposes such as tourism, transit, visits to friends or family, business trips, economic or cultural activities, international conferences, sports events, etc. for a total of up to 90 days within 180 days calculated from the date of first entry. The unified Schengen visa (C-type visa valid in Schengen States) entitles the holder to stay in the territory of all Schengen states. (See SCHENGEN COUNTRIES INFO


    LONG STAY VISA (National D-type visa) > 90 days

    If you intend to stay in the territory of Poland for a total of more than 90 days (at least 91 days) during one or more visits within 180-days period calculated from the date of first entry, you need to apply for a National D-type visa. The National D-type visa entitles the holder to: stay in the territory of Poland throughout the period of its validity; additionally move within the territory of other Schengen states for up to three months within a half-year period. (See SCHENGEN COUNTRIES INFO)  



    If you intend to travel by air from a third state to another third state with a stopover at an airport in the Schengen area (in the territory of the Republic of Poland) and also you do not intend to leave the international transit area of the airport and you hold the citizenship of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sudan or Sri Lanka,

    you need to apply for an A-type airport transit visa.


    A visa is not a guarantee of entry into Poland or Schengen territory. An immigration officer at the port of entry determines whether or not a person qualifies to enter Poland or Schengen.



    The Consulate General of Poland in Vancouver issues visas for applicants residing in: British Columbia, Alberta, Yukon Territory and Northwest Territories.


    If you live in other provinces please check which foreign mission is competent to submit your visa application according to its respective jurisdictions:




    1177 West Hastings Street, Suite 1600
    Vancouver, BC, V6E 2K3
    Facsimile: (604) 688-3537
    Telephone: (604) 688-3530, (604) 688-4730


    For visa enquiries e-mail:


    The right of data subjects to information IN VISA INFORMATION SYSTEM:,The-right-of-data-subjects-to-information.html



    Q: Need more information about migration to Poland?

    A: Go to:

    Print Print Share: